While we're on the subject of family, the three of us (the potential heartbreaker plus my mom) had hot pot. And, more importantly, we were watching Russell Peters while doing so. Yes, my Chinese-foreigner-to-North-American-culture mother was watching Russell Peters. The experience was ridiculously funny because there I am, laughing with my brother at the comedian, while my mom watched blankly at the television as the jokes and racial references flew past her head, one after another. This made me laugh more, considering she was tolerating her kids acting like chimps and the fact that she doesn't understand the comedic content (and didn't request a change of channel). Rarely within this one-hour show did my mom smile and laugh along - this was the best part. My brother and I were naturally already laughing, and we would notice our mom, and laugh harder at how our fob mother understood this brown guy. My mom has been in a good mood lately - last night, the city had a freezeover. Snow turned into rain and this slush mixture covered the streets. Then everything froze. Most public transit buses stopped running (as I found out through a girl talking on her cell phone, about how my bus couldn't drive up a hill along its route). Thank goodness I decided to conserve my phone's battery and stopped listening to music, otherwise I couldn't have eavesdropped on the girl and her conversation. A prolonged delay of overwhelming disappointment would have been the result, having already waited at the bus stop for over two hours. In any case, my mom had already been stuck in traffic for two hours when I called her for a ride. As the roads would have it, it took her another four hours to reach me. Then it took two more hours to get home. Normally, my mom would have been the Grump from Hell after such an ordeal. The happy part: she wasn't. In fact, she was still happy and talkative and jubilant. You don't know my mother, nor will you ever know her completely (Jesus, even I don't), but this is a rare, rare occasion when my mom isn't frustrated about something or other. (Running a business is stressful, so she comes back home sometimes and doesn't say a word until the proceeding day.) I'm like my mom in a lot of ways, but this is something I don't want to be.
Digression #1) Remember Alfafa from The Little Rascals? You know, the kid with the greasy hair that was shaped like one of the teletubbies? Look how he turned out: http://www.youngmalecelebs.net/galleries/hall/Hall002.jpg.
My oh my. I had no idea that he was older than me until a three minutes ago - I guess I watched the movie several years after it was initially released, so it was intuitive to believe that I was older than these munchkins. Okay, so Bug Hall (what kind of name is that, anyway?) isn't all to attractive, but come on. Who would have thought the bug-eyed (no pun intended) child would turn out so nicely? He could have turned a lot worse (it's not pleasant, click on your own will: http://community.livejournal.com/howtheylooknow/185685.html?page=3).
I actually wrote out a blog yesterday, but apparently, I can't just copy and paste content from Microsoft word into the new post thing. Will solve matters at the next earliest convenience.
It's a bad sign that the best joke a guy can come up with is "What's black, white and read all over?", right? (Answer I came up with was either a newspaper, or a bleeding penguin. I was right.) But then again, the best one I could think of was "Why did the cactus cross the road?". (Answer: Because it was stuck on the chicken.) In any case, this guy shall be called PhysicsBlonde. The derivation of his blogname will be revealed in my next-but-actually-prior-post.
Drunk texts are some of the funniest things. The sheer lack of coherence and absence of the belief that there is a necessity to conserve personal thoughts is funny in of itself. Here are some that I have sent (verbatim):
- What does cool mean' I'm at wales getting cheeseckae. Waiteeswes are slow!!! Hahaha no, sobre likeness is the only lileness.
(Later that night...)
- It's reallybexpensive xhhesecake! Haha lady gaganis on!
- Don do anything bad lady gaga? Something about amazon
- No rushie:bad stuff lol
- Uggggggggggg chheesecake bad ideasaaaaaaaaa
My favourite is the one about Lady Gaga. I think I heard her come onto the music player at the place we were at, and I was excited so I told my friend. And I got bad, expensive cheesecake.
Here are a few I've received from others:
- I was kicked on kick a ginger day and my parents are astronaughts. (For the record, no, they're not astronauts.)
- Lol cleverly discugsed... My favorite animal is a moose and my favorite holidy is x. Lol i like moose and x.mass cause i can ski.
- Im witha friend.. its rly funny becus he rly likes me (For the record, the texter is a guy.)
That's basically all the funny ones I have (from the total of five incidences of either my receiving or sending of them). I'm not a partier, though it's the funnest way to blow off some steam from school. So whenever an opportune weekend or holiday rises up, and if my wallet permits, off my friends and I go. My immediate group of male friends, meaning the ones that came from my High School, do not enjoy the nightlife. My other group of male friends, meaning the ones that I have met during university, are. But I'm hesitant to bring the latter group out with me and my girlfriends because, well, apart from me, they have very little in common. Plus, do I really want to be inebriated in front of semi-friends? No.
I want chocolate, but I don't have anything remotely close to candy in my house, unless you consider peanut butter a good substitution (ew, no).
Okay, I shall go check up on that next-but-actually-prior-post.
Wishing she had time to do more blowing-off-that-steam,
-ShufflingHard

No comments:
Post a Comment