- I went to bed with a sore foot. "No biggie, it'll be gone by the time I wake up. I'll sleep it off," I mused. Day came, and the pain stayed. It's not a sore ankle, I know (due to my experience with sprains and bone-breakage). You know how the lower extremity (the wide part, with the little piggies?) curls upward as you walk? It hurts as I do this. It's a new pain - definitely one to add to my repertoire of body-damage expertise if I was a masochist. I have no recollection of how this injury happened whatsoever. I was hopping up and down the stairs perfectly fine all of last night (until the ungodly hours of the morning - like 3a.m.), and noticed a slight pinch in my toes before I went to (oh, blessed!) bed. I thought it was just a stretch, for I sit cross-legged in my desk chair like a lump for an hour. Yes, as I type, I'm sitting cross-legged (obviously ignoring one of my injury's potential suspects). Hopefully it gets better soon - it takes effort to not limp while walking. These things usually get worse before they get better. What - do you say "Ice, then warmth"? Nah, I don't have ice, nor do I want to bother with that (...yet. We'll see how desperate I become).
- I walked into my kitchen wall with a full cup of freshy-boiling tea in hand. Good news? It's my left hand, and I'm a rightie. Bad news: it's fucking boiling water. I've also dealt with a great deal of burns (imagine the top side of my hand seared onto the interior of those moving-toaster-things that restaurateurs put breads/bagels/things that need warming up).
In other news, I've finally found a blog! Albeit it's seven years young, and has undergone publication and production as a movie, it's very clear why a blog had churned itself into so big a thing. Yes, I speak of The Julie/Julia Project. Have I ever mentioned how I love cooking? Well, Ms. Julie Powell encompasses the wit, sarcasm, diligence and crazed-out-eyebrow-raising adventure I vie for in a blog (or anything, really). I quite enjoyed the movie too.
I have much healing to do. Time to go.
Did I mention that the tea is Earl Grey? The best tea ever.
- ShufflingHard

No comments:
Post a Comment